Sunday, July 14, 2013

Where oh where has my energy gone?

I had hopes, and still do, that when I started losing weight I would gain a bunch of energy.  It's no secret that I love to nap, but I don't like feeling like I could curl up in a ball and sleep all day long.  40 some-odd pounds later and I'm a little disappointed that this feeling hasn't gone away, so I bought a multi-vitamin today to see if that helps.  Up until about 6 months ago, I was taking pre-natal vitamins; they were free and Jack was nursing much more frequently.  I stopped taking the pre-natals and didn't replace them with another vitamin.  I need to be better about eating more vegetables, which is a struggle for me, to get the nutrients I need, but in the meantime, as I work on that, hopefully the multi-vitamin will help and my energy level will increase! 

I'm feeling a little sad today.  When I posted my power songs a few weeks ago, I'm sure you noticed an abundance of GLEE songs on the list.  I'm a huge GLEE fan and I'm not afraid to admit it.  I love the show and have since the day I saw the pilot episode.  I love the characters, the story lines, and the music. In fact, the show has introduced me to many artists I may not have otherwise known about.  It just makes me happy. When I logged on Facebook this morning, I was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Cory Monteith, who plays Finn on the show.  I know that I don't even know him and it seems silly to be so sad about someone you don't know, but he was so young and talented.  All accounts I've read indicate that he was a sweet, genuine, good guy and it's incredibly tragic that he is gone too soon.  I guess it is a bittersweet reminder that life is short, love with all your heart, don't hold onto grudges, and live life to the fullest. 

I gave myself a rest day today, partially because I was feeling a little blue, but mainly because I'm sore.  Super sore.  It's a good sore (?) from my personal training session yesterday, but I was going downstairs to our basement to do laundry and this is what Matt, Nick, and Jack heard:  "Ow. Ow. Ow."  They thought it was hilarious and Nick started walking around the house imitating me and saying ow every time he took a step.  I'm glad my pain humors him!  We did go swimming today at my Mom's pool and that counts as some exercise, I suppose.  I love swimming and am lucky that my Mom has a pool that we can use.  The boys are fish, like their Mama, and it's quite a workout keeping up with both of them, especially since Jack thinks that at 16 months old, he is Michael Phelps.  He is too cool for flotation devices!  

Hopefully, my ol' muscles will feel up to a workout tomorrow!

"Pain is just weakness leaving your body." 





No comments:

Post a Comment