Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday and Scale Frustration

Today, my oldest, Nick, turned 6!  I have no idea where the time has gone; it seems like just yesterday he was a sleepy newborn who loved to snuggle on my shoulder.  Now, he's my rambunctious, sweet, sensitive, inquisitive, loving boy, who thankfully, still loves to snuggle with his Mama (and I hope he never changes!).  We had a great day together starting with brunch at IHOP, followed by a trip to a playground that his Oma helped build, and then a fun-filled afternoon at Raging Rivers water park.  We had a blast in the wave pool, lazy river, the kids splash area, and of course, all of the water slides! Then the whole family went to O'Charley's for dinner, he opened his presents, we had cake and ice cream, and we were treated to the fireworks from JB Blast from the comfort of our own front porch; can't beat that!  The birthday festivities continue tomorrow with his rocket ship themed birthday party! 

On another note, I am super frustrated with the scale (or rather myself, I suppose since the scale tells it like it is).  It seems like no matter what I do, I am stuck at a plateau again.  After losing another few pounds recently, I'm stuck in this same 2-3 lb weight range and I can't get past it.  It is so incredibly frustrating! I don't know if I am building muscle or what, but I'm annoyed.  Certainly, indulging in two big meals today plus cake and ice cream didn't help the cause, but it was a very special occasion.  Next week, I am definitely kicking my workouts and eating habits into high gear (although I kind of feel like I've been doing that already, but I digress). I think I might also go for a run tomorrow after Nick's party (and after a well-deserved nap, too) and see if that clears my mind a bit from this scale frustration.  

I know frustration and annoyance aren't the best responses to a plateau, but it is fueling me to try harder in the next few weeks.  A little spark to fan the flames of my determination, I suppose. 

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment