Sunday, July 7, 2013

Getting back on track

What a great weekend!  It was also an exhausting weekend, hence, the lack of a blog post yesterday.  I decided a nap was in order after Master Nick's birthday party and what a long and glorious nap it was!  Then I spent some much-deserved quality time with the hubs so I figured a blog post could wait until today.

It's time to get back on track and I'm ready to get serious going forward by continuing to workout every day, but also changing the way I eat.  I still believe that the past week or two that I haven't been eating enough, thus forcing my body into starvation mode, so I'm going to try to increase my food intake (particularly high protein food) and see if that helps my current plateau.  I'm also going to try to eat every two hours, so I bought some good snacks at the store today and I also made a batch of hard boiled eggs (yay, protein!).  I hope this will help avoid starvation mode and help me resume shedding pounds!

Hopefully the scale will be kind to me tomorrow, but I definitely enjoyed some birthday cake this weekend.  I don't want to miss out on life and celebrating my kiddo's birthday is an important part of life. I know that some people will say that life, celebrations, holidays, etc. shouldn't revolve around food, and while I agree to some extent, I don't think I could live in a world without birthday cake.  I guess that means I can't get mad at the scale tomorrow then, right?

The boys and I went to our favorite trail for a wog tonight.  It was hot, but I really had the itch to run and I needed to get Bruiser, aka my baby boy, Jack out of the house lest any further catastrophes happen.  As a quick recap, Friday he fell at school on a rocking chair and got a gnarly black eye, today he slipped in the shallow end of the pool and hit his chin on the side resulting in a bloody lip (I was right behind him but couldn't catch him in time), and for the grand finale, he managed to get stuck under the train table trying to save his sippy cup. Oy!  So, Mama decided some outdoor time was in order.  We had a great time: Nick on his scooter, Jack in the stroller, and Mama wogging along.  The running portions of my wog weren't quite as euphoric as last week, but I attribute that to the heat.  Better get used to it; it is summer after all!

"Strive for progress, not perfection." 

No comments:

Post a Comment