Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Funday

Or not.  Why am I still sore today?  Seriously.  I had hoped that by today my leg muscles would feel a bit less sore.  Not so much.  In fact, I had just about talked myself out of a workout at lunch, but I made myself do 30 minutes on the elliptical in the hopes of loosening up the muscles a bit.  It actually felt pretty good and I'm glad I went.  I still felt pretty sore afterwards, but here's hoping that tomorrow the old legs feel better.  Pretty please.

Although, I wonder if I should continue with the exercises I learned on Saturday at personal training to continue to strengthen these muscles that hurt.  Clearly, this group of muscles didn't get much use before strength training on Saturday, so it's probably smart to keep building them up.  Although, tonight, I tried to show Matt the exercises and it was hard to work through the pain.  I know I probably should, though, so I'll try again in a few days.

We went for a walk after dinner tonight, which we all enjoyed, as usual, although it was really humid. We saw a ton of deer out on the trail and we also saw a tiny frog.  Matt picked it up and Nick and I both shrieked, but Jack loved the frog.  It jumped out of Matt's hand into the stroller with Jack and it hopped up his arm to just under his chin and he just giggled the whole time.  It was pretty darn adorable.  I didn't even attempt to run tonight.  I figured another day off from running would be good for my legs and couldn't hurt after an elliptical workout at lunch, too.

Tomorrow's post will include the week 4 Birthday Challenge update!  I'm nervous about weighing in tomorrow after last week's set-back, but we shall see what happens!

Thank you, Nicky, for the below quote!  I love that friends are finding quotes to send to me for the blog! If there are any quotes that inspire you, feel free to send them to me.

"When you feel like quitting, think about why you started." 

No comments:

Post a Comment