Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Happy Independence Day!  I hope that you all had a wonderful day celebrating our country's independence!  I'm so grateful to all the men and women who have served our country to protect our freedoms.  Thank you!  We had a great day filled with swimming, a delicious BBQ dinner (pork steaks, yum!), and of course, fireworks.  I was telling Nick tonight before the fireworks started that 6 years ago tonight, we were at the hospital waiting for him to arrive, because I had gone into labor early on the morning of the 4th.  I labored until the morning of the 5th, but he's still my firecracker baby. Time sure flies by!

I gave myself a bit of a reprieve today in regards to exercising.  While I didn't officially work out on the elliptical or go for a wog, I did swim for a bit, cleaned part of the house in preparation for Nick's birthday party on Saturday, and we did have a pretty good walk from our car to the fireworks display, so that counts, right?  I was itching to go for a run towards the end of the night, but there is nothing wrong with a day off.

I was famished after watching fireworks and trying to decide what would make a good late night snack.  I know it's a bad idea to eat this late, but I get so hungry if I am up this late (which is a lot).  I remembered I had a little treat in the freezer and wow; it was amazing!  I was at Sam's about two months ago and got to try a free sample of a Healthy Choice Greek frozen yogurt and it was pretty good, but for some reason, I didn't pick up any.  When I was grocery shopping recently, I saw them and picked up a three pack of the raspberry frozen yogurt. It is amazing!  I have a major sweet tooth and it definitely hit the spot.  The serving size is just right and it is only 100 calories!
Deliciousness that is frozen Greek raspberry yogurt
I'm always on the lookout for healthier sweet treats, so if you have any recommendations, let me know in the comments section below! 

"Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort." 

No comments:

Post a Comment